Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sunday

The other day, Sunday, was super-cool. I was at my mom's house, and my mom and Wesley have been working on renovating the bathroom, so we didn't get to do much this weekend, but on Sunday, they decided to take a break, and so my mom and I went out for lunch and intended to get a movie afterward.
We ate at Coppola's, which, for those of you who don't know, is by Bethabra Park, the Hollywood Video, and this awesome ice cream joint called Allen's Dairy Treats ( :
The food was good, and I was able to take leftover fettucini alfredo to school for lunch the next day, which was awesome. Anyways, it was a really bright, pretty day outside, and we had decided earlier that day that we would probably take a walk around the neighborhood, but Bethabra park was right across the street, and so I was thinking that it would be a good day to mix it up and go there. I suggested this to my mother, and she thought that it was a good idea.
So we asked the dude at the counter of Coppola's, and one of the people at Hollywood video (which, incidentally, was the only place in town that had the movie we were looking for; red box is putting everyone out of business) where to park at the section of the park with the swamp, but neither of them knew, so we drove around a bit in the area until we found the parking spots. Then we took a hike through the woods until we came to the boardwalk that stretches across the swamp near the road. We sat toward the end of the boardwalk, right in the middle of the swamp, and these two geese swam up to us and just sat there for a while.
They were pretty cool. It seemed like the fat goose was a male and the skinny one was a female, but I was just guessing from the way they drank; the one that I suspected to be female drank in a very prissy, serious manner, while the man-goose just sort of swung his head about in the water, accidentally splashing his woman. Also, the male seemed to be following the female around, and she seemed like the goose personification of a controlling, uptight woman. . .Hence my sexist goose stereotypes.
So anyways, we just sat and watched these geese until the female one honked at the male and started to swim away. He, of course, blundered after her, hindered by the opposing current and his own weight. As we walked back, my mom and I were trying to think of good goose names for them (since I have a passion for naming things) and I came up with the names Gimli and Gertrude (yes I know I'm a Lord of the Rings nerd).
So, that night, we went home and watched our movie, which was really good and really weird at the same time, and then I studied for the social studies test while taking a bath. I normally take showers, but the shower curtain was down so that it wouldn't get in my mom's or Wesley's way while they were painting, so we've been taking baths for the past few days. After I was done bathing and studying simultaneously, I dressed in pj's and went to bed. This morning was the first in a few days that I have showered rather than bathed; and you had better believe that I took the oppurtunity to sing, at 5:30 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. Robyn,
    Just to let you know...I really liked Knowing! Even though I'm not religious, I caught some of the biblical references throughout the movie. I thought the stalker guardian angels were kinda creepy, but loved the [date, deaths, location] list concept.
    - Alexis

    ReplyDelete