Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another Crazy Dream

A few nights ago, when I was at my dad's house, I had another extremely weird dream, and I feel that it is my duty to inform you people of it. And it is important to know, before I tell this tale, that I fell asleep with my blindfold on that I use to block out the light when I actually get to sleep late.

The dream started in Mr. Holbrook's classroom. I was sitting in my usual place with the rest of my homeroom, and then Mr. Holbrook came in and said, "We're going to go on an educational field trip to India!" Which was sort of odd, since we haven't really focused on India as a history topic, as of yet.

So he told us that we were going to be walking to the ocean, where a boat would be waiting for us. Then, the dream changed, and we were all hiking through this thick, humid forest outside. Everyone kept tripping on these roots, since they were everywhere. There were also lots of bugs and mosquitos and what-not, since it was so humid. Mr. Holbrook was bouncing along ahead of the group, reviewing all of the facts that we had supposedly learned. He was wearing one of those Hawaiian flowery t-shirts that you see tourists wearing a lot.

Then, after an hour or so, he informed us that we were getting nearer to the ocean. There were a few "Yay-hooray"s from the crowd. Meanwhile, the roots grew more abundant and easier to trip over. Also, the bug problem got worse; now, not only were we being attacked by mosquitos, but there were those really nasty jumping crickets that look like spiders (again with my arachniphobia), as well. They were hopping along, slowly surrounding us from the sides and particularly from behind. When I looked back, I saw a large black cloud of them hop about 30 feet into the air.

Ahead of us, Mr. Holbrook jumped for joy because he had the first sight of the ocean through the trees. The other students started to run with him towards the beach, which was perhaps 50 yards away. I made to join them, but I tripped over a root; looking behind me, I saw the cloud of crickets start to descend mid-hop; right on top of me.

I was suddenly paralyzed; I was unable to move at all. I was lying on my back (in real life, too, which was probably why I had a bad dream in the first place) in the dirt, and I could feel these crickets hopping all over my face, on top of my eyelids, and in my mouth, and on my legs. Someone near the edge of the forest shouted at me to get up, and I tried to communicate that I couldn't move, but my mouth was currently full of crickets.

After an incredible amount of effort on my subconscious's part, I felt my arm move, and at that same moment, I woke up; my arm swung up and knocked my blindfold off. I thought about it and decided that the presence of the blindfold was perhaps what caused me to imagine crickets on my face.

So it was decided that I would never again fall asleep with that blindfold on. Ever. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment