Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Two Things. . .

1. I have changed my mind, I think, about posting poetry up here; it seems like it would be too easy for someone to steal it.





2. This week: has been pretty decent; everyone's been slightly stressed out about the workload, and Mr. Samora just assigned us a new project today in science class. We have to write an essay about cell theory, which I suppose is pretty interesting, considering cells are the roots of life and what-not. But anyways, I can't remember much before yesterday. I went to school rested, for the first time in a few days; I had gone to bed earlier than usual, and it was easier for me to fall asleep because I was already exhausted from a lack of sleep the day before. We went to Reynolds Auditorium to watch this speaker; his name was Jamie something (I really like the name Jamie for a dude), and he came to inform us of his many expeditions to Mount Everest, and he was pretty amusing, but he tried a bit too hard, and from what I could tell, the teachers didn't enjoy him too much (when I asked Mr. Samora what he thought afterward, he said that he thought the guy was innappropriate).

Then, when I got home, I tried to finish my homework as quickly as possible, so that there would be time for mon madre and I to do something interesting before I would have to go to sleep, wake, repeat.

She and Wesley decided that they wanted to go out to Longhorn for dinner, since they'd both been working hard that day (they were fixing up the bathroom). So we went to eat there, and I had an indescribable longing for chicken fingers, so I ordered chicken fingers; which probably looked pretty stupid, considering we were at a steak restaurant. Oh well, customer satisfaction. Anywho, the food was fantabulous, and we were out in the parking lot, heading to the car, when my mom asked me what I thought about dinner. I told her that I thought it was great. Even more than that, I said that it was so enjoyable, I had a mind to click my heels and yell "Hurrah!" in the middle of the parking lot. And this is what I did, except I had my hands full of my purse, camera, and leftover chicken, so my heels passed each other in mid-air and in all the distraction, I ended up yelling, "Yurhah!" instead of "Hurrah!" But, as in the tradition of all great things, a new word was born of a blunder. That whole night, we were yelling "Yurhah!" at random; it was pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment