Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Friday, April 3, 2009

Ah, a Short but Sweet Spring Break

The past few days have been pretty amazing. Though our break is short, I definitely welcome a few days with no school and no homework (except for math). So, in essence, not only have I gotten to sleep later, I have gotten to have more of a social life than I have had in a long, long time.
On Wednesday, the first day after break and also incidentally April Fool's Day, I went over to Shannon's house for a sleepover. Her mother picked me up around one, and I went with them to Walmart to help them shop for groceries. After shopping, we got Talia, who would also be spending the night; it was a sad, gloomy sort of day outside, and it had been raining on and off. We got to the house and loafed around for a while, waiting for Linda (Shannon's cousin, fifteen) to come over. Once it stopped raining, it was our ultimate plan to go and find Shannon's two new Asian neighbors, one of whom probably likes her, considering they were laying together in a bush (bad Shannon!) Before Linda arrived, we went out in the rain anyway, after interviewing Talia with my camera (the reason we didn't wait to go outside was because, since we had a lack of things to do, I had offered to spend the time waiting by interviewing the rest of the people in the household, an offer that Shannon apparently didn't find too appealing). So we were out standing in front of the Asians' house in the rain (more like a drizzle by this point) and it was my brilliant idea that we should discreetly serenade them. The car wasn't there, and it was very likely that the Asian boys were not in the house, but we sang to them anyways. We blessed their ears with warbling verses of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot," "Hey Mickey, You So Fine," and some Coldplay song that I did not know the words to, which was sung exclusively by Shannon and Talia.
After singing to the Asians (or rather, their empty house) for a while, we got bored and started to wander down toward the end of the street to find the skater boys' house. As we were approaching the stop sign, Shannon's grandmother's car pulled into view, and Linda got out of the car and joined us on the walk back to the house. We all hung out upstairs in Shannon's room for a little while, looking at Linda's drawings and what-not, but then she wanted to go down and visit Sean's ferret, Draco, which was a great idea because it gave me an oppurtunity to potentially knock out two interviews at once (Sean and Linda) ( :
So that is what we did. Sean purchased this super-cool hamster ball thing for the ferret, which was twice as large as a normal hamster ball, and which scared Lucy the dog later when it was brought upstairs, complete with ferret inside. He also bought him these cute little shiny collars that Draco evidently hates.
Dinner came shortly afterwards (chicken, salad, and corn), and we watched X-Men, something that I had just seen for the first time recently. We spent the rest of the night chilling out, listening to music, and playing truth or dare on and off until we were finally exhausted enough to fall asleep.
As usual, I woke up the earliest and headed downstairs, unable to go back to sleep because of the snoring. I read and listened to my iPod until Stacia and Linda both woke up. Soon, Talia and Shannon followed, and we all had a breakfast of bagels or cereal. After we had bathed, had a lunch of Spaghettio's, and packed, we were all respectively dropped off, and Shannon came over to my house to spend the night. She got to meet my cat, Lucky, for the first time, and though she wanted to hate him, she found (as I predicted) that she could not; he is an amazing cat. So we went down to Brunson to play soccer for a while, and we conversed with this pug Fifi and her master, who was tossing her a tennis ball. Then, after we got really dirty and muddy, we went back home, changed, and prepared for dinner and a trip to Borders, where it was very possible that we might encounter pretty emo guys.
We ate at Burke Street, and I showed Shannon the place on the sidewalk across the street where this man had decided to perform a 30-minute long work-out routine in plain view of Burke Street diners and passerby. Then, my dad dropped us off at Borders, where we found no emo boys, but I found two books to give to Patrick as a belated birthday present and a book for myself. We spent most of our time looking at quizzes and dresses in these girly magazines.
Once home, we spent the rest of the night horsing around (I love that phrase!) in the living room; my dad and Heather retired early, as they had to get up early the next day (tee-hee). We played Katamari Damacy and Tekken until we got super-tired, and then we retired up to bed as well.
This morning, it was beautiful outside, and so when I woke up at ten and took the dogs outside to pee, I convinced myself that it was too gorgeous outside to go back to sleep. I woke Shannon up and announced that we would have to go and do something outside before she left with her mom. After a few minutes she got up, and we spent a little bit of time trying to figure out what to wear; then, I tried to get ahold of Patrick, as we were supposed to hang out tonight. I did, eventually, and a time was set up for him to pick me up from my dad's house.
Shannon and I went outside to play basketball and soccer for a while, but then she wanted to call her mom. We spent the rest of the morning in the dining room, Shannon with her Pokemon game, me at the piano. While I was on the phone with my mom, something strange happened; a red car pulled up outside of our house, and I assumed that it was Shannon's ride, since her cousin drives a red Saturn. However, she said that the car wasn't a Saturn, and the man sitting in it was shuffling through these papers in the front seat and was not getting out of the car. He eventually dropped some stuff on our porch and left; Apparently, he was one of my dad's tenants.
Shannon's mom came and went; my dad came for lunch, and respectively went. I took a walk up to the gazebo park on Fourth with my book and journal. Then, I went over to Patrick's house around five, where I got to meet his sister for the first time, dine on Chinese food, and help dye Easter eggs, which I have not done since about age 6. I also got to play Patrick's piano, which, by the way, has a beautiful sound. They drove me back home around nine o'clock, and I played with Hope for a while before she had to go to bed. After I was done doing that, I came here and wrote this super-long blog that no one will probably read.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know...I read the whole entry! (Which you're right in saying was really long.)

    ReplyDelete