Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Two Dreams

The past week has been extremely eventful, though my family's stay is not over yet, and so I will not provide details about our vacation in this entry. However, I did have two interesting dreams last night, which is unusual, in that I haven't had any memorable dreams since my Fonz/Wesley/drowning dream.
My first dream started in some public place that somewhat resembled my mom's dining room in its setup. I was dining with two of Heather's banker friends (though Heather herself wasn't present), Sean, Joe, Shannon (I think), a Saint Bernard that was a doctor, and a group of people who were visiting from some nearby bar or something. I think that my mom was there, but I'm not sure, for she didn't play an extremely important part in the dream if she was there. Before we sat down to dinner, everyone embraced as though we were all old friends, and then a white-suited, black-mustached waiter appeared out of nowhere and brought us some expensive white wine. I was speaking with the Saint Bernard about one of his patients when Sean, Joe, and the drunken bar people stood and began running through the bathrooms playing tag or something; Shannon rolled her eyes, stood up, and left huffily for no particular reason. I was extremely stressed out because, being the hostess, I seemed only to be able to consistently entertain the Saint Bernard. Then I blacked out for a while, and when I woke up, the Saint Bernard was flipping out because the people who had been chasing back and forth through the bathrooms were missing and possibly in trouble. We hopped into the Saint Bernard's car, which was some nice blue sports vehicle, and were driving through the night scene of downtown Winston-Salem, searching for our missing companions; the city was lit up, and the last thing that I remember from this dream is driving over a series of hills with old-fashioned lamp posts on either side of the road.
The next dream took place in K-Mart, and was a nerdy Harry Potter dream, in which I was myself, and not a character from the books, as I sometimes am. Bellatrix Lestrange had gained control of the store and was holding everyone inside hostage until Voldemort arrived (I don't know why all my nerdy Harry Potter dreams include the imminent arrival of Voldemort). Bellatrix herself, in the dream, was anorexically skinny and had blond, stringy hair. She wasn't particularly evil in this dream, in that she wasn't hexing random people for fun and what-not. She was just wandering around with her fellow Death Eaters and looking through the clothes. The counter was in the center of the store, and once the Death Eaters had been thoroughly distracted by the clearance sale at the back of the store, I wandered up to the counter and noticed a Tupperware bin sitting in plain view, which held the confiscated wands of all of the innocent shoppers. I dug through it, looking for my wand, and was disappointed when I didn't see it; I assumed that, as I had put up the greatest fight, Bellatrix might be keeping mine closer to her; so I took out wands at random and experimented, trying to find one that worked the best so that I could save the day and what-not. Before I had the chance, however, I woke up while still trying to find a suitable wand that I could Stun with.

No comments:

Post a Comment