Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter 6 and Memory: Places

Okay, today is Wednesday; my mom's at work until 3:30, but when she gets off, she's going to come home, pick me up, and then we're going to drive over to Greensboro, where we'll be watching the Harry Potter movie that just came to theaters today; this is special, because the last time (I think) that we saw a movie on its opening night was when "Bruce Almighty" was in theaters, and we went to the midnight showing of that. We'll be going to the 5:30 showing today, though, because neither of us want to risk falling asleep, and I also have to go back to my dad's today.

Other exciting news: My cousins, uncle, and grandmother are coming to visit us from Florida; they'll be arriving on Saturday morning, and I'll get to spend a whole two weeks with them. We usually only get to see them about once a year, so this will be pretty awesome.

Yesterday, my mom and I rode our bikes around Salem Lake, a seven mile trail. It was a beautiful day and there weren't a lot of people on the trail, so we didn't have to maneuver around too many things; there's this great view of the lake from all points of the mild trail, and so I suggest it for people who want to have a nice bike ride in a place other than their own neighborhood.

I also cut my mom's hair successfully yesterday, as she's been wanting to trim it for a long time now. I just cut the back part (she did the rest herself), but I was still pretty proud of myself, considering how nervous I had been before the operation.

That night, when Wesley's band arrived to practice, my mom and I took our bikes out again and rode down Country Club to the Mayberry that is in the Food Lion plaza. We each had a scoop of ice cream (Birthday Cake flavored and chocolate peanut butter flavored) before biking back up hill, which we originally thought would be impossible to do; it turned out being pretty easy, much to our surprise.

Now, for the (rather short) memory: The other day, Shannon and I were talking about all the people we've ever liked; she said she couldn't remember them all in order, to which I responded that I could probably count them all on one hand, as well as remember the places where I either first met them or noticed them. So, here are all the places, in chronological order.
  • The door of our third grade trailer classroom, when it was held for me.
  • My old best friend's downstairs den.
  • Mrs. Tutt's classroom, when I was standing in the doorway.
  • A computer room.

I've "liked" more than four people, but these are the four that lasted the longest. So, that ends my short entry for today.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that you can remember the places too. I would never be able to do that. I've been doing this "first impression" thing on Facebook, where you write about what you were thinking the first time you met someone, but it has been extremely hard for me because I just can't remember the first time I met some of my friends!

    ReplyDelete