Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Saturday, May 16, 2009

News Update and State Lines

Instead of leaving on Sunday, we will be leaving at 6:00 tonight, and in case my blog time is messed up (which I'm pretty sure it is), the time is now 5:11 and I am super-excited!!! We won't be driving the whole way to Cape Canaveral tonight, but I suspect we won't stop until we've reached somewhere in Florida. I've instructed my dad to wake me up when we cross the Georgia and Florida state lines, the Georgia one because the sign that welcomes you to Georgia is so much cooler than all of the other states'. It says: "We're glad that you have Georgia on your mind." which is based off of a Ray Charles song that he wrote about Georgia, or at least I'm pretty sure it is. Basically all other state signs just say: "Welcome to ______." At least the Georgia sign has a history behind it.
I have never been on a cruise before, so I have no clue what to expect; I'll be keeping a written journal through the duration of the trip, in case the ship sinks or something like that (haha just kidding, but I'll probably transfer my entries from there to here once I get back). I got my first pair of sunglasses today during a last minute shopping trip at Walmart for trip supplies. We also got some SPF 80 sunscreen, so hopefully I won't roast.
Anyways, I will report back here later, most likely on Friday, when we get back; for now, I'm going to go color with Hopey and wait for my dad and Heather to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment