Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Sunday, May 24, 2009

NASDAQ. . .

OK, well, as an introduction: yesterday, my mom and I were driving in the car, and we were talking about economics on the way to this Mexican restaurant. I forget how it came up exactly, but we were discussing the various acronyms that they use to symbolize companies (I think) that are rising and falling. . .And so we came to the realization that neither of us knew what a NASDAQ is. I'm hoping that one of my readers who is actually stock-market-literate will be able to aid us in our quest to find out what a NASDAQ is.

What is a NASDAQ? You hear about it all the time on Marketplace or on the news when they're talking about the stock market (like, "the NASDAQ fell three points today" or something), and I'm afraid to ask my dad, being the banker that he is, because he'll be like "Oh my God, my daughter is hopeless because she doesn't know what a NASDAQ is. . ." So what is a NASDAQ?

1 comment:

  1. National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation

    ReplyDelete