Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 2: Dreams and Decisions

Alas, Cinco de Mayo is a gray and rainy day; it was even cold enough this morning for me to shiver in my jacket! However, it was still a super-pretty, windy day, besides the chilly quality.
Reminder to self: verbal French EOC tomorrow and audition for the solo ensemble.

Today was a rather interesting day. I had a weird dream last night, but I won't go into it in detail because I only remember parts. In the dream, it was either Christmas or New Year's Eve, and I was at this large party in a restaurant-type place along with my Aunt Karen and my uncle, Jeremy. It was dark, full of loud music, loud people, you know the sort of place, where you can't hear yourself think. It seemed to be the eventual plan of my aunt to drive me over to the hotel where my mom was staying, somewhere downtown (I don't think we were in Winston-Salem). Then, as I grew increasingly annoyed at the fact that I was tired and that we hadn't left yet, Stacia (Shannon's mom) appeared in the crowd and said she'd drive me to my mom's hotel. I informed my aunt, but I don't think she heard me over the music or the people who were shouting drunken greetings at her. So we left, and we were winding our way through a highway in the middle of nowhere, no buildings in sight or even skyscrapers from downtown to guide us, when I realized that Stacia didn't know which hotel my mom was staying at; and neither did I. It was about then that she asked me, "Do you know how to get into the city?" and I told her that I didn't, and that I also didn't know the location of the hotel. She cursed and hit the steering wheel with her hand, then handed me her cell phone to call my aunt for directions. I got ahold of her after a few tries, and asked her for directions to the hotel. "Where are you?" she asked, hoping for a reference point. I told her that I didn't know, and she told me to drive back to the restaurant so that she could take me to the hotel herself. Stacia, overhearing the suggestion, said, "I don't know how to get back; it's too dark now." Then my aunt said, "Well, I can't pick you up now because I drank the wine here, so I'll come find you in the morning." and then she hung up. After that, Stacia took her cell phone back, said, "Sorry I couldn't help you," let me out of the car, and drove away. It was a few seconds before I realized that I was on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere, with no transportation or way of communication with anyone who was sober. It was about here that I woke up.

I only have one more piece of news to offer the reader today: Patrick and I are no longer dating. It was a mutual thing, mostly, and I think that it is for the best. So yay-hooray for mutuality.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Cinco de Mayo! Good luck on the French EOC verbal test. I'll be doing the same thing for Spanish either tomorrow or Friday.

    ReplyDelete