Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Today has been pretty cool. Last night, my mom and I were watching Wayne's World, which, other than being sort of stupid, was pretty awesome. My dad came to pick me up afterwards, and this morning, I went with him and Heather to her friend Stephanie's house. We watched this church sermon on TV, and other than the guy's tendency to shout a bit too much, it was a pretty interesting sermon (it was the first time I had ever watched a sermon on TV); he was talking about what a scum-bag Peter was, and the fact that God still loved him and all that - well anyways, after the sermon, we went down to have lunch, and I sat and listened to them talk about banking, the declining economy, and a variety of wines. When the subject came to movies, one of the funnier ladies there confessed to being somewhat of a criminal: she would buy a ticket for one movie and sneak into a different one once her first one was over; she informed us that she once spent a whole 8 hours or so at a theater in this manner, and only spent six dollars. It was pretty amusing. Stephanie and her husband Vince had this really cute dog named CD (which incidentally stands for "cute dog"), and so I was petting him basically the whole time. Then, after a while, we left and went to pick up Hope from her dad's house; she was out front on her bicycle, and she was riding without training wheels! It was really awesome, especially since she had just started doing it yesterday and she could already ride around by herself without falling down. It's hard to remember now, but I seem to remember taking at least a month to learn how to ride my bike without someone right behind me in case I fell.
Well, anyways, we picked her up, brought her home, and I got my stuff, preparing to go spend the rest of Easter with my mom. I had sent a whole bunch of Happy Easter emails to people earlier that day, and so when I got to my mom's, my aunt was on the phone and wanted to thank me for her Easter email. It was nice getting to talk to her, since I haven't in a long time (she's one of my more regular email correspondents). After that, my mom and I went to the Walmart red box, where they surprisingly had the Yes Man, a movie we've been trying to rent for a while; unfortunately, it's been consistently checked out every time we've tried to get it. Except for today! Then, we went out to eat at Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants (where we saw Adrian Brody several times in various disguises *sorry: inside joke). We're just about to watch the movie in a little bit.
I also had another dream last night; I was sleeping in my bed at my dad's house, so I thought that this week's dream trend would be broken, but apparently not. However, I'm not going to go into all of the details of this one, since it was sort of odd. In the dream, I was in a huge house in Buena Vista, which, on the inside, resembled Shannon's house, but on the outside, resembled Elizabeth E's. There was this deck on the second floor, and this was the main similarity to Elizabeth's house; anyways, the people in the dream would change as well, most likely because of the conflicting but familiar environments. In each case, I was being shown someone's new house, being given the "grand tour," so to say; sometimes it would be my mother's friend, Garalynn, giving us the tour, and sometimes it would be Stacia, Shannon's mom, but they both gave the tour as if it was their new house. Then, we were inside the house (in the part that looked like Shannon's), when I heard footsteps from somewhere in the house, and I instinctively hid for some reason, my face reddening (and I think I know why, but I'm not sure). And then, after a few minutes, once the tension went away, Stacia/Garalynn brought the tour upstairs, which looked like Elizabeth's house. She (Stacia/Garalynn) took me and a group of some other people that had appeared out onto the deck on the second floor, which was gigantic and overlooked this huge cul-de-sac and the setting sun. We all stood there, and there was this great moment in the dream where all the tension (there was this constant stress in the dream, that had decreased slightly after the mysterious footsteps had died away) went away, and everything seemed perfect; the sky was blood-red, and everyone was quiet. Then, I think, all the random people in the crowd started to embrace each other, and some of them were crying. The sky eventually turned black, and Stacia/Garalynn led us all into the house for dinner (which would be delicious no matter which of them it was who made it) and so we eagerly followed her in. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment