Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Friday, April 10, 2009

Yay Hooray for a Day Off and Another Weird Dream

As you all probably realize, today is Good Friday, and I had forgotten that we got a day off for it, considering it is a Christian holiday and all. But anyways, the reason I came on here was to report another weird dream to everyone; it seems that this is a big week for crazy dreams.
I dreamt that my mom and I were going down to Florida for spring vacation, only to find that the small retirement town of Naples, Florida had grown much larger in our absence. It was actually fairly reminiscent of Winston-Salem's downtown. There were these tall white skyscrapers everywhere, from the top of which one could see the ocean. Basically, the only way one could tell this apart from Winston-Salem was the temperature and humidity, as well as the palm trees that decorated the median in the middle of the road.
We had planned to attend some party before we went to meet my grandmother at Books-A-Million, her nightly hang-out. The party was being held in one of the suites of this large hotel near the water, and my mom was sort of reluctant to go; I had this feeling in the dream that the party was something that I had persuaded her to come to with me. Inside the hotel, there were all these people who wore dresses and suits, and loitered around the lobby. I felt under-dressed: I happened to be wearing a summer dress with tank top straps. When I walked over to a group of chatting people to ask where the room was, they sort of glared snootily at my dress and ignored me. My mom gave me a "didn't-I-tell-you?" look, but followed me to the elevators. We reached the top floor, where there were even more people, so we assumed we were getting closer. Many of them held these small shot glasses of punch. Windows placed in between the doors to the rooms looked out over the sun setting over the ocean.
We maneuvered through the crowd, and we even started to see some familiar faces; I saw some people from school, and my mom saw some of her old friends from high school, but most of them didn't seem to notice us. I found Shannon by the fire exit and asked her where the party was. She took a look at my dress and said, "You won't be able to get into the party wearing that. Derek's only letting people in who dressed up." Now, I have no clue who Derek was, but apparently we were friends in the dream, because I told Shannon that I was confident that my bestest buddy Derek would let me in despite what I was wearing. We found Derek shortly afterwards, a pale kid of medium height with curly auburn-ish hair and a rather high voice; he was in the middle of a crowd of important-looking people that were taller than him. I approached him and made to embrace him, as we were supposed to be friends, but he backed away and looked at my mom and I with disgust.
"What are you wearing?" he asked rudely.
At which point, my mom, already annoyed with how the events of the night had been unfolding, took my arm and pulled me away off toward the elevators. I was fuming about Derek's reaction; we went to the same school in the dream (I think). So my mom and I left the hotel lobby and started to drive away from the ocean in the direction of Books-A-Million, where my grandmother, uncle, aunt, and cousins would be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment