Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dreams

Perhaps I should create a new blog completely for this purpose, but I don't feel like it, so I shall start putting up regular posts describing my random dreams. Though I can barely make sense of them myself after awakening, they are still interesting to remember afterwards.

I had one the other night that was really weird; I dreamt that I was at my grandparents' house in Naples, Florida, with my dad, Heather (step-mom), and Hope (step-sister). They were my dad's parents, if that wasn't already obvious. We were all standing in the living room, and it was late at night because it always takes about fifteen hours to get to Naples from where we live, and everyone was talking about the sleeping arrangements, which was a difficult topic because my grandparents' house has limited room. So it was decided that I would sleep in the garage (which seemed reasonable to me in the dream).

My dad accompanied me out to the garage with my suitcase to help me set up a bed. It was really dark, and I could barely see his outline in front of me. I found a futon-like contraption against a wall, and was fishing my pj's from my suitcase when I noticed that my dad was rather still. Turning, I noticed that he seemed to be staring up into the rafters of the garage. He said something like, "D&mn, that's a big spider."

I have a spider phobia. The smaller ones don't scare me, necessarily, but they still disgust me, and so I was immediately terrified; I strained my eyes to see where he was looking, but all was black up in the rafters. I moved quickly past him and out through the lifting door that opened onto the driveway. I stood out on the driveway in the moonlight, looking into the garage, and my heart stopped. My dad was squinting up at a large, grayish-black, hairy spider the size of a small truck, that was just hanging upside down from the rafters. I told my dad that I wasn't going to sleep in the garage and that he should move out from under the spider, since if it just fell for some reason, my dad would be immediately squashed.

He came out from the garage, closing the lifting door, and we reentered the house through the front door. I told my grandparents of my predicament and asked if I could sleep on the couch instead, and they reluctantly agreed. It was as I was walking over to the couch that I remembered that I had left my suitcase (with my pj's) out in the garage. I did not want to go back out and risk waking the giant spider beast, and yet I didn't want to leave my stuff out there in case the spider woke up and decided to eat it or lay eggs in it or something spidery like that. I was contemplating what I should do when I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment