Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Movie Store News and Small Dream

O.K., I'll start with the dream; it was very short, and I don't remember much from it. In the dream, I was watching from the side, and was not present in the human form. There was a woman whose car had been driven over a bridge into a lake. She was trapped inside of this car, and her boyfriend, who was named Aaron in the dream, stood on the shore and was frantic. She was shouting at him from the car, mostly shrieking his name, "Aaron, Aaron," repeatedly; in the dream, I felt his anxiety and his inability to take action. The car was slipping under the water when I awoke.
Now, though this dream doesn't seem to foreshadow an awesome day, this is what I had nonetheless. My mom picked me up at 10:00 from my dad's house. His friends, Daniel and Jason, have been working at our house on the roof for the past few days in order to construct a sort of widow's walk outside of my dad's bedroom's and the guest bedroom's windows. After dropping stuff off at my mom's house, my mom and I went out to eat at La Carreta, since she had a few coupons to use.
When we arrived back home, we took a quick bike ride to Moravia (a.k.a. the Moravian church down the street) and back; it was super hot outside. When we came back, she told me about a quarrel she had with one of her colleagues at work the previous night over the meaning of the phrase al dente in reference to the culinary arts. We looked it up and discovered that it meant not too soft and not too firm, and was usually applied to the cooking of pasta. She was correct in her argument, and so we were going to print out the information for her to show to her colleague, but it didn't print out everything for some reason, and so we gave up hope on extending his knowledge of Italian etymology.
Soon after that, she had to leave for work, and so I watched a movie that she had rented last night from the red box called "I Love You, Man," which was pretty awesome. The main character in it happened to be the same guy who portrayed Nick in the A&E version of "The Great Gatsby."
Later on, Wesley announced that when we made the trip to return the movie to the red box, we would stop by the famed hot guy movie store to rent some more movies, as he would be going to a certain Chinese restaurant nearby for dinner anyway; while we were over on that side of town, we also planned to visit my mom at Walgreens.
We stopped at her work first; we brought Madden (my pit bull) along, and so she was able to come out for a minute or two to see him before going back to man the counter. Then we drove down the road a little ways to order the food before walking over and entering the video store to look for movies while we waited for the food.
It was my lucky day today; the past few times that my mom and I have gone to the movie store, we haven't seen the famed hot guy, but he was there tonight. So was some other random semi-hot guy, who was renting something. But he was mediocre in comparison. We were looking for a movie when I remembered a film that Daniel had recommended the previous day, called "The Swing Kids," that was about the underground development of swing music; I greeted the man at the counter and asked him if he had it in stock, which he did not. Then, later, once we had found our three movies, one of them being "Thank You For Smoking," we took them to the counter to rent; Wesley inquired about when "Terminator" and "Star Trek" were going to be at the movie store. While at the counter I discussed the awesomeness that was "Star Trek," which my dad and I went to see at the $2 theater just last night. Then, once the transaction was made, we thanked him and I wished him an awesome day, and he said, "You too!" enthusiastically. That's one of the things I admire about him: his enthusiasm.
Then, we drove home, and we've just finished watching the first Rob Zombie production of "Halloween," which for some reason saddened me slightly; it seems that as I grow older, I lose my liking for the horror movie genre. So, my mom just got home and we're about to watch the other movie we rented before we go to sleep; tomorrow is the orientation, and I need at least an hour in the morning to pretty myself up sufficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment