Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Day 2 of High School

So, I have been in high school for two days now officially, if you don't count the two orientation days last week. What do I think? Well, my back hasn't hurt so much since the time I fell down a playground set's ladder and landed on my spine; at any point throughout the day, we have to be carrying a text book. This is because my locker is located on the third floor of the main building, and the only parts of the day in which I have time to use it are before school starts and during the lunch period (I have first lunch).
My schedule is as follows:
1st Period - Seminar English 1 with Ms. Jones
2nd Period - Seminar in the Arts (teachers change periodically, but for now my teacher is Mr. Gal)
3rd Period - French 2 with Ms. Matisko
(lunch)
4th Period - Geometry with Ms. Parise
5th Period - Band with Mr. James
6th Period - Life Management Skills with Mr. Pinnix
7th Period - Dance 1 with Ms. Reece

I like all of my teachers; I haven't really spent much time trying to get to know any kids from different schools yet, though I have become reunited with some people that I used to go to elementary school with back at Whitaker who I haven't seen since second grade. Most of them look the same, except bigger.
Though I like all of my classes so far, I've been having some eighth grade nostalgia. I miss having a history class taught by Mr. Holbrook (the most amazing history teacher ever) and an English class taught by enthusiastic Mrs. Allman. I miss science and Ms. Vasili's mathematical lectures. I miss band, where everyone actually played; for some reason, half of the kids in my band class today didn't even pick up their instruments.
I did see Ms. Vasili over the summer, which was pretty cool. I was inside Borders one day and she waved from outside. I didn't recognize her at first, because it was dark outside, but after she waved a second time, I walked out to hug her and talk to her for a minute.
But anyways, the most surprising thing about high school so far is that I am now fully able to find my way to my classes, which are in three different buildings. It's amazing. The trick to finding out which side of the main building you are in is looking out through the windows in the stairwell; if you see the hospital and the buildings of downtown, then you are close to the history building; if not, then you are closer to the arts building.
I hope that the rest of my freshman year at Reynolds goes swimmingly; I will not be able to blog as much from now on, most likely : (

No comments:

Post a Comment