Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Friday, August 14, 2009

Movie Store and Nerdy Book Dream

My grandparents arrived in town on Thursday; so far, we've played tennis, gotten lost near Rural Hall while looking for a music store, walked around in the neighborhood at night, eaten at their favorite restaurant (K&W), and gone to the library. I solved my what-to-read issue by checking out a collection of Carson McCullers's short stories, which are pretty decent from what I've read of them so far.
My dad and I went to Reynolds today to talk out my schedule problems involving AP World, which I want to take, but for which I will need transportation to the career center, when I'm at both houses. We'll be speaking to the open house people to see if we can't make an arrangement.
Now, I had two interesting dreams last night, which hasn't happened in a long time; I've been having a lot of them that I can't remember.
In the first dream, it was around Christmas and snowing; my mom wanted to get "A Christmas Story" to watch. So she sent me over to the famed hot guy movie store. I bicycled there, as I did that one time in real life, and was relieved by the warmth once I made my way inside. All four employees were on duty, which was unusual, particularly since it must have been near the working holidays at the time. There was a large poster on the far wall displaying several Christmas movies, including the one that I wanted to rent, and so I started to head over in that general direction. However, halfway there, I became blind; I couldn't see anything. I heard the employees laugh behind the desk, and the hot guy asked if I need assistance. I told him that I couldn't see, but he said nothing else. I was wondering how I might make it back to the house when there was a transition to the next dream.
In this dream, it was also winter. However, it wasn't snowing, because I was in the deep South; I was having a nerdy book dream about The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, and in the dream, I was an adult and was walking over to John Singer's and Antonaupoulos's apartment to have dinner with them or something like that. I dreamt that when I rang the doorbell, there were lights in different rooms in the house that would flash to indicate someone's presence at the door. Antonaupoulos made fettucini alfredo and, after dinner, they were teaching me how to speak in sign language. It was about there that I woke up, but it was memorable particularly because it was vaguely pleasant, which most of my dreams that I remember are not.
Tonight, my dad and I are going to drive out to the moutains to stay the night and will be going tubing down the Dan River tomorrow morning before driving back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment