Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Off to Ohio


Yes, today is the day that my mom, Wesley, and I will be departing for our trip to Ohio, which will last until Sunday; tomorrow we will be braving the 17 coasters of Cedar Point amusement park.
Though the air is full of excitement exhaled from all persons involved in this adventure of sorts, there is still a bit of lingering sadness. Because most of our friends own multiple pets, we were forced to leave our three dogs, Bear, Madden, and Squishy (or alternate spelling Skw-ee-shee) in a kennel. However pretty the kennel was, with the surrounding countryside and fields of lethargic cows, there was no way to assure our dogs that we were not deserting them; I was particularly worried about Bear's reaction, as we had rescued him from the humane society, whose fenced-off portions for each dog greatly resembled the ones at the kennel. However, despite my fears, the dogs seemed to like the space that they got inside the kennel, and did react as I predicted they would.

I have packed for our ten-hour journey (for my own entertainment). . .

  • a purse, containing my iPod, sunglasses, two journals, and writing utensils
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • One psychology textbook (for pleasure/educational reading)
  • Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
  • a battery-operated 20 Questions game

So hopefully this will be enough to keep me busy, though I know that I'll probably sleep the whole time anyway. Anyone who wants to reach me can call me on my mother's cell after 9:00 p.m. For those of you who wish to contact me and do not know my mother's cell #, email somebody who does, though nobody probably has an extreme need to contact me anways, so, all right then.

No comments:

Post a Comment