Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Day After Father's Day

These past few days have finally made summer seem somewhat interesting. All last week, I'd been looking forward to having my friends Elizabeth B., Alexis, and Shannon over; so things went by pretty slow; finally, around noon on Saturday, Shannon and Alexis showed up. I gave Alexis the grand tour and we messed around with my Taboo game and ate tacos while we waited for Elizabeth. I had this awesome plan in mind to take them all on a walk across the park to the gelato place that sits in between all these little antique stores. However, a combination of my mistake to tell Elizabeth to come around 2:00 and my dad's purchase of Dipping Dots for the movies prevented this from happening, though Shannon would have gladly eaten both Dipping Dots and gelato. Once Elizabeth arrived, we went to the mall, where I got this really cool blue dress; it was a little big in the back, but it was $10.50, so I couldn't pass up a deal that great. We went to Forever 21 (where I bought the dress), Claire's, and DEB, where Shannon forgot her Claire's bag, creating the necessity of going back before my dad pulled up to JC Penny's with his car to pick us up. That night, while my dad and Heather went on a dinner/movie date, we watched Bride Wars and Taken, both of which were really good. We messed around with the computer between the two movies, and when, out of need for a de-stressing object (I was worried about a poem that I had put into my mom's birthday present: a stack of my poetry), I went to the piano, this funny thing happened. I was playing my favorite piano song, the Moonlight Sonata, when Alexis suggested that it would be hilarious if I learned Kathleen Mavourneen from The Killer Angels (I'm getting tired of using the italics button). So I have set out upon that quest; I found the sheet music for the voice, but I figure I can just take that and add in my own left hand to make it fit into the piano. Anywho, we went up to bed around midnight, and I wished my dad a happy Father's Day before I went up, assuring him that I would present him with his gift when the sun had risen; I had made him a cd of piano tracks that I had performed, including some that involved my singing (which he will most likely laugh at). But it was a good father's day. After my friends left, Heather and I went to buy him some cologne at the mall and some make-up (for us) at Estee-Lauder (I don't know if I spelled that correctly). Then, after giving him our gifts, we took him out to Carabba's, where I ordered manicotti, rather than my usual lobster ravioli. It was very tasty. Then, after making a quick stop by the house, we drove to Hanging Rock, where we swam a bit in the freezing water; to top off the night, we watched Back to the Future, which I had never seen before. There were these parts in the movie that Heather and my dad would argue about, when Bif (that's probably not how you spell it) knocks Mr. McFly on his head and says, "Hello, hello, is anybody home? Hello McFly!" which stirred debate because Heather's vocal impersonation of Bif was very nasally and seemed to suggest that the speaker was a "nerd," which, as my dad said, was more descriptive of the McFly character. Anyways, I have to go now, because we're about to watch the sequel.

1 comment:

  1. Moonlight Sonata was such a sad piece to me, that I was reminded of what we had been talking about earlier in the day - Hancock and Armistead. Speaking of Kathleen Mavourneen, I basically have it memorized already - but my singing is extremely bad!

    ReplyDelete