Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Room Color and Such

I currently have that hymn, "Angels We Have Heard on High" stuck in my head, for I've just come from the living room, where I was transposing it to the key of C# major. I have written down the chords and plan to turn them in for potential future use to Amasa tomorrow during the practice of the church band. We are also performing tomorrow, and so I am somewhat stressed out about that.
In any case, I came on here to report two things: one, my mother, Wesley, and I just returned from Walmart, where we picked out the color that we're going to paint the baby's room (we're still 5% unsure of what the baby's gender will be, as it stubbornly crossed its legs during the sonogram). The color that we decided on was called Deep Ultramarine. It is a deep blue color, not too dark, that will look very nice with some glow-in-the-dark stars adorning the ceiling.
Also, yesterday was the birthday of Carson McCullers, which I didn't realize until I had gotten to school and seen the date on the televison. It was an odd coincidence, discovering this, for that morning, I had responded to a comment that Autumn had left on my facebook note regarding The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (she read it and didn't like it). I've been thinking about it, and I really would like to reread that book. So I might do that, even though I am in the process of reading three other books that I haven't read before - not to mention the other seven or so books that I have yet to read that I received for Christmas. Ah, my reading life is busy!
I dreamt last night, though my dreams were vague and I remember only snippets. In the second dream (which I recall with more clarity), I was at some sort of church event (probably the lock-in that they held yesterday for the youth). We were all lounging around the empty upper floors. The part of the church that we were in was very eerie because the lights were all out. We emerged in the Sanctuary, with its empty podium and pews. With a feeling of unease, we departed from the traditional building and found the rest of our group and our leaders in the B-building (youth building). Everyone grouped in the kitchen, conversing over cooking breakfast pastries. Various tubs of multi-colored icing stood around the counters, and kids, upon receiving their pancakes or toaster strudels, moved over to these tubs and decorated their pastries. At some point in the dream, my seventh grade science teacher, Mr. C., appeared, but I cannot recall if he did anything else significant. Unfortunately, I can barely remember the dream that occured before this one, though I don't think that it was a good one, so my forgetfulness might be somewhat conscious.
This is all that I have to report for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment