Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Update and Memory: Pupil

Hello, my avid readers! I have not been a faithful blogger, and so I sign on tonight to maintain this blog which I have neglected for the past few weeks.
In truth, I've been quite occupied, what with school starting and marching band three days a week. Also, youth group meetings at my church are starting tomorrow night, so that will take another night out of my week.
However, despite such distractions, life goes on. I read and write, my mother and I take bike rides to the Moravian church down the street, I receive regular calls from Shnay-nay about the new boy that she likes at school, my dad and I play Star Wars Battlefront, and my mom and I still frequent the hot guy movie store, which we did today.
We knew for a fact that he would be there, as he told Wesley himself the other day when the latter was waiting outside of the store for my mom to buy peanut butter. When we walked in today, however, Curious George was the only employee visible; he was moving about the store, assisting some customers. We found the movie that we were going to rent ("Polar Express") and took it to the counter, assuming that Wesley had been mistaken, but just then, the famed hot guy appeared from the back room. He had done something different with his hair. We returned the movies we had, rented the new one, and left. The visit was quite uneventful.
It was very beautiful outside today, and so we went on a bike ride and took a walk around the neighborhood. We wandered down to where the dog Daphne Weisner lives, but she wasn't in her fenced area, and so we walked home; we have a suspicion that Daphne's owner keeps the dog inside of the house now so that people like us don't come to stalk her dog. I hope that this is the reason, for Daphne Weisner is old and it is possible that she might have died.
We watched the movie, had a dinner of pork chops, and my mom retired early to the bed, as she was not feeling well.
As far as my school goes, Reynolds's football team is still undefeated. I like to think that it is because our marching band provides them with the strength and vigor that they need to win! Apparently this is quite an accomplishment for them, so I might be somewhat accurate.
I am currently waiting impatiently for Borders to call my dad's home phone. About a week ago, I think, my mom and I went to Borders and ordered Illumination and Night Glare by Carson McCullers, which I was unable to find anywhere. They happened to be handing out 25% off coupons, and so we jumped on the chance to purchase the book for a cheaper price. The book itself is the author's autobiography, which remains unfinished because she died in the process of writing it. There were several biographies that were probably accurate and interesting to read, but I would rather read the story of her life (or part of it) as it was written by her. So, anyway, Borders will call us when the book has arrived, at which point we will be able to pick it up.
Now for the memory. My mom and I were in the bathroom earlier today before we went to the movie store. I was applying eyeliner when I accidentally poked myself in the eye with the pencil. Just then, I was reminded of a fear I had when I was little of having the pupil of my eye touched. The cause of this fear was a kid who I went to school with who informed me that if one is poked in the pupil, they will immediately become blind. I believed it, being a kindergartner at the time, and many kids my age made a sort of morbid game out of who could come closest to touching their pupil without actually putting their finger on it. I told my mom about this memory and she laughed. It was an odd feeling as I remembered it, because it was one of those memories that I had not thought of in a long time, and so it was almost as though I had forgotten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment