Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Significance

So, today was a somewhat uneventful day. However, it is the day that Jerry Lee Lewis was born and the day that Carson McCullers died, so it does have some significance.
I woke up around 7:30 a.m. at my mother's house, had a breakfast of her awesome cheesy garlic bread, showered, and was driven to school by Wesley. It is fall now, almost officially; the wind blows just as it should, the air smells of fall, and I have come very close to catching the first leaf of fall (which is the official start of autumn).
Yesterday, we switched Seminar In the Arts classes, so now I'm in Mr. Cockman's class for instrumental music, having just left Mr. Gal's class.
After school today, I stayed for marching band; the band has finally started work on the last song in our half-time show, "Big Noise From Winnetka," which is probably the most challenging piece on the mallets, though "Novus" initially gave me the most trouble because of the sixtuplets, which are like triplets, except twice as fast. So I stayed indoors until 5:30 came, and then I went outside to meet my mom.
We drove to the humane society to turn in my volunteer form; unfortunately the main person wasn't there, so we have to wait for them to call us back before I can get my school form signed. After doing this, we drove to Best Buy so that I could buy Shannon her birthday present, an All Time Low cd. It was there, so we didn't have to go hunting elsewhere, which was nice. The guy at the counter was pretty cool; he and my mom ranted about the things that customers do at a counter that ticks them off, which was hilarious.
On the way home, we listened to Cat Stevens, A.K.A. Yusuf Islam, who (and I never say this phrase) rocks my socks. We were jamming to "Peace Train" and "18th Avenue" when we pulled up to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment