Welcome to this Blog. . .

...where I journal about my dreams and occasionally real life as well

Thursday, July 14, 2011

O Florida, Land of Lanais and Banana Trees

I just posted this on Facebook: I'm off to Florida tomorrow, the land of lanais and banana trees (which are metal things that you hang your bananas on, but only people in Florida seem to have them).
Needless to say, I'm immensely excited, because we get to spend an uninterrupted two weeks with our family while we're down there, and my mom said that we'll also get to stop in Orlando either on the way down or on the way back...either way, it's been a while since we've done that, and it amuses me to see the Harry Potter theme park billboards which decorate the highway every other mile or so.
Also, we get to see my cousins and uncle while we're down there, which has become a very rare occurrence due to the fact that he lives in Arizona now and my aunt lives in Kentucky - so they don't come to North Carolina or Florida very often anymore. This might be the last time that the four of us (my cousins and I) will be together in one place for a long while, due to the fact that my eldest cousin Autumn is going off to college in a few months (I believe it's the University of Louisville) to pursue a career as a pediatrician.
We're leaving tomorrow as soon as my mom gets off of work, and my dad is going to drop me off there in the morning. I'll have to pack-pack-pack so that I can be ready in time, and then, if things go as planned, we'll be driving over to Durham to pick my grandpa up...he's supposed to be coming down with us, too - if the good Lord is willing.
In other news, tomorrow is the day that the FINAL Harry Potter movie is being released in the United States; in fact, the midnight showing is due to begin in about fifteen minutes. A whole chapter of my childhood is ending tomorrow, or whenever I see the movie - it's sort of sad, when I think about it. But in any case, my friend Elisabeth stayed over at my house last night and we had a miniature Harry Potter marathon in order to prepare for this release of Part 2 of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows." Last night, we watched "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." This morning, we started to watch Part 1 of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," but we only got to the part where *SPOILER ALERT Snape sends his doe patronus to bring Harry to the sword of Gryffindor. Even my father, who is the opposite of a Harry Potter enthusiast, has been adding to the overall exciting mood. He's been walking around, quoting Ray Fiennes' (Voldemort) part in the movie trailer in a Bat-man sort of voice, "ONLY IIII CANN LIVE FOREVER, HARRY POTTER."
In any case, that is all really for the evening...I'm working on introducing conciseness to my blog entries, but I blog so rarely nowadays that being concise is difficult. I did have a few dreams since I last blogged - the one last night was like a mixture of Harry Potter and the "Prince of Egypt." Harry Potter was floating in the ocean in a wicker basket in one part...in another part, my mom and I were shopping in Aldi, and I had done something terrible and irreversible, though I cannot quite remember what it was. I'm always having dreams like that, anxiety dreams where I cannot fix something that I broke. For example, last week, I dreamt that I was probably pregnant - this occurred during the Bioscience program that I attended about two weeks ago (just to clarify, I did not do anything that wasn't G rated at the camp in real life), and my actions had been caught on camera - we think that this was part of the dream because on the previous night, we had watched an episode of "Six Feet Under" in which one of the brothers is caught on camera urinating against a wall and that photograph is placed in an art gallery. In any case, during the slideshow that the faculty presented on the last day of the camp, with all of the parents there, a photograph appeared of me and another fellow - shamefully creating the miracle of life. My dad nearly vomited and my mom scolded me for the rest of the dream and nagged about what we might find when we got ahold of a pregnancy test. I waited in dread for this moment for the rest of the dream...as strange as it sounds, I've had multiple recurrences of this sort of anxiety dream - it occurs almost as often as my school-related anxiety dreams. Perhaps one day, I'll understand my own subconscious.

No comments:

Post a Comment